Saturday, June 15, 2013

Into the culinary unknown

Ever since we got back from vacation, we've been on a cooking show binge. We are currently watching 'MasterChef' but also watched 'The Taste' which is like the food equivalent of the singing show 'The Voice'. This has brought out the cooking mood in both Al and me. And one of the things we thought we'd try over the weekend was poached eggs. We've only had them at restaurants and they seem so intimidating, but after reading tips and techniques for at least 30 minutes, I decide to attempt them, or wing it. My first egg actually came out perfect, but the second not so good. By the fourth, I thought, by George, I've got this in the bag. I even noticed that one of them had a heart shape on the yolk (how cute is that), which I gave my sweetie for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment