Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Addicted to varnish

Ok, this post isn't about some subculture solvent addiction, but a love of nail polish. Over this past year, I've rekindled my love for nail polish, especially since you can wear open-toe shoes and sandals about 90% of the year in Austin. You might say addiction is a strong word, but I just counted and I bought 45 nail polishes over the past year that I could remember. Practically all of these were on sale and about 30 of these were small, sample sized but they gave me the opportunity to play around with different colours and techniques. Last summer I tried a very bright blue on my toes, followed by black crackle on hot pink toes (photos below).

 

Since I picked up most of the new colours over the holidays (yay Black Friday sales), I was looking for a way to organize and came across these round nail polish wheels. I used them to paint out all the colours that I had collected and now I don't have to dig through all the bottles when I am ready to change my nail colour. It took me a while but once it was done, I felt quite accomplished :) and am super organized for the next nail season in TX. Check out my colours below.

1 comment:

  1. I like the color wheel, great idea!
    I'm too lazy to do my nails myself, but ever since I got my braces I can't bite my finger nails so they grow really fast. Have to do the buff and shape at home because weekly mani's are $$$

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete