Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Craftiness with clay

So I've been really bad at blogging. I keep thinking of things to write but haven't quite figured what I'm going to focus on. I have quite a few interests mostly revolving around art. I love to create and accessorize. While that is a simple statement, it really encompasses a lot. I've always loved to draw, paint and sketch. I even did woodwork with my dad and needlework another year. I've learnt the piano, guitar, organ and a summer on drums.

After getting married and looking for other fun hobbies, I found cake decorating, crafting and pottery. Yes! I create bowls, plates and other functional forms from mud and I absolutely love it. It's one of the most relaxing things I get to do after a long work day and the new studio, Firepit Ceramics, I've found is just fantastic. Here's a chip and dip bowl I made today. Mind you, it's the widest item I've ever thrown on the wheel, roughly over a foot long.

No comments:

Post a Comment